If you have ever wondered, "What would Michael Gray think about this-and-that" or "I'd like to consult Michael on such-and-such" then you have definitely come to the right place. These are my thoughts on life.

October 02, 2004

The Art of Writing

"What, are you working on your book?"

"Mm-hmm"

"I find writing very gratifying. I must -- I've written
seven books on my years at the helm."

"Well, you've obviously got a great knack for fiction."

My Fellow Americans

Well this is my very first blog entry on my very first blog site. I am dedicating these pages to the art of the written word. I love writing. I communicate best through writing. I feel that non-oral communication can oftentimes be more effective than listening to two people talk over each other in conversation. This is a medium for me and others to promote ideas, discuss interesting topics, and basically have a place to vent if the need ever arises.

I want this site to be multi-faceted. I am very interested in politics and, because we are in a peak political season, I will likely spend some time on that topic. I do, however, wish to try to juggle many different genres of discussion.

I may spend one day lamenting the fact that I had to hear another one of John Kerry's mind-numbing flip-flops, and spend the next day lamenting about my mind-numbing dog chewing up one of my flip-flops. I may write on a Sunday about the practice of religion and how I find some people's practice of their faith relatively ridiculous, and then write on Wednesday about the Disneyland fan cult I am trying to organize.

No matter how you look at it, this should be an interesting place. A place where people can express ideas. A place where people can come for a laugh. A place where clothing is entirely optional. This is my dream.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason M. Hammond said...

---------------------
Don't fall into the trap;
Democrats are full of crap.

-My Fellow Americans
---------------------

The neat thing about this particular post, Michael, is that you allow us to read or post a comment 'just as we are.'
You called out the white elephant within the net...that we should be allowed to view and surf this "blog" without clothes.
Conveniently, I am not wearing a thing. And I'm at work.

See, I'm fortunate to not only work at a nudist company, but to have friends like Michael, that allow me to view and post comments on their "blog" without wearing any clothes.

Life is grand, ain't it!?

1:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home