If you have ever wondered, "What would Michael Gray think about this-and-that" or "I'd like to consult Michael on such-and-such" then you have definitely come to the right place. These are my thoughts on life.

November 29, 2004

The 2004 Michael's Turkey Awards

Well, the day of perpetual gluttony and family time (sitting on the couch and watching parades/football with the top buttons of our pants unfastened) has come and gone. I had a great Thanksgiving with my wife and her family this year. Brett, Heather, and Nathaniel live here now and it was great to have the whole Simmons family together. It doesn't hurt that the whole Simmons family (the fairer sexes of the family anyway) are excellent cooks.

I think I have developed a new tradition that I will carry on through the years to come. Last Thursday, as the family marinated in post-Thanksgiving tryptophan, I selected my favorite Thanksgiving dish of 2004. In an unprecedented decision, I selected two dishes this year. You may ask, "Why is it unprecedented when this has never even been done before?"

I don't know. Shut up and let me finish.

And now, without any further adieu, the moment you have all been waiting for...

The two best dishes on Michael's 2004 Thanksgiving plate were...

Heather's corn casserole and Jeanette's homemade cavatelli with sauce!

Thank you everyone for making the first annual Michael's Turkey Awards a great success!

==========================

Major funding provided by:

Pepto Bismol - The One That Coats is the Only One You Need


1 Comments:

Blogger Jason M. Hammond said...

Hilarious.

It helps that I have no idea what you were talking about (cavatelli with sauce--sounds like an Italian disease or the guy who played Christ).

Your humor in this blog was not unlike that of Dennis Miller's...completely confusing, but I feel led to laugh. Of course, that could be my indigestion. Or my heartburn. Or the shingles flaring up again.

Whatever.

I'm near death.

3:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home